Search Makings and Musings

December 22, 2011

THURSDAY FOOD AND RECIPES: QUICK AND YUMMY PUMPKIN BISQUE

Yummy!  A few days ago I was hungry, real hungry.  I didn't want to cook something that would take a long time, this was a serious hunger we are talking about.  It was cold outside and I needed something warm.  I looked through the pantry and saw some cans of various ingredients, and an idea started to come to me.  Read on to see how to make my quick and easy Pumpkin Bisque!

This is so easy you won't believe how super yummy it is.  Here is what you need.

2 large cans of Pumpkin
1 can of coconut milk
2 cans of vegetable broth
2-3 tbs of Curry Powder (hot!)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Cayenne Pepper (optional, but I like it with a kick!)

Take a large stock pot, sauce pan, whatever you usually make soup in.  Add the 2 cans of pumpkin and the coconut milk.  Add the spices.  Add one can of the veggie broth, then a little at a time add the other, you may not need the whole second one, depending on how thick you like your soup.  I used both cans and it seemed just a tad too thin.  Make sure to stir everything, burned pumpkin soup is icky.  Just heat it long enough to get hot and serve with crackers, croutons, etc.  Whatever you like.  Some people sprinkle pumpkin seeds on, I am not nearly that fancy.  It is delicious for both Vegans and meat-eaters alike!
Happy pumpkin eating!
Love and Hugs!
Jillie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments! I love comments!!!