Search Makings and Musings

October 14, 2012

CROCHET FRIDAY: MANLY MAN PATTERNS

I have lots and lots of crochet projects that I want to do for Christmas.  One thing I find really frustrating is that it is hard to find crochet patterns that are manly.  Not that I am hung up on gender roles, but I just don't think men should walk around wearing a toque with a silly fluffy ball on top!  Never fear, I have gone out and done the leg work for you, read on for the manly man projects I have tracked down for you!




With names like Grizzly, Sparro, A/C Metrical, and Burley, Rohn Strong features patterns that your menfolk will not just wear to please you, they will actually like them!  You can find these designs on Craftsy, and at only $1.99 each, they are quite a bargain!  Click HERE to see these and more!

Rohn Strong's Grizzly hat and Paws hand warmers, patterns available on Craftsy.

The next pattern is a classic scarf, it is done in a lovely plaid reffered to as Buffalo Plaid.  I found this pattern in PDF format for free on Ravelry, which is a great resource for free patterns for crochet, knitting, and loom knitting.  Offered by Crochet- atelier, Buffalo Scarf will be worn by your manly man proudly!  Click HERE for the free PDF.
Buffalo Plaid scarf by Crochet-atelier on Ravelry


The last pattern I will feature today is for slippers.  Not any ordinary slippers though, these are manly slippers.  Stitched to look like loafers, these will be sure to get lots of wear by your manly man!  This pattern was skillfully created by Jennette Reid for her hubs.  The pattern can be found on Ravelry HERE.  It is created in 3 parts and will be one of your go to projects for the men in your life!
These Crocheted Loafers were created by Jennette Reid and are available free on Ravelry.


I hope you enjoy these manly man projects.  There are tons more out there on the net!
Happy Hooking!
Love and Hugs!
Jillie














1 comment:

Comments! I love comments!!!