Search Makings and Musings

January 29, 2012

SCRAPBOOK PAPER WALL ART

Hello again my Dears!  I have some gorgeous wall art to share with you today.  I also want to let you know that I am going back to my old schedule.  I have found it difficult to stay on track without my blog to look forward to every day.  So I will be posting every day except for Sundays.  I will miss a day here and there due to my physical issues I am sure, but never fear, I am here.  Okie Dokie...Read on for the wall art and I promise no more rhyming...

This has to be the easiest wall art ever, and it's so pretty!  I think of it as wall art for the lazy crafter!

What you will need:
A tablet of pretty scrapbook paper
4 - frames
Double sided tape


I was super lucky and had these really cute crackled paint frames on hand.  They actually had pictures in them. Ugly flower pictures that I bought at the Dollar General Store ages ago.  Seriously, I think I bought them well over 10 years ago.  I just removed the ugly flower pictures and they were actually on some nice card stock so I saved it for a future project.  See?  I told you I was a pack rat!  If you don't have these cuties lying about you can use whatever you have.  If you want the aged, crackled look, you can buy crackle paint in a spray can.  Just follow the instructions on the packaging.

Now, find some scrapbook paper that you love.  I absolutely adore this K&Company Botanical paper.  It is almost Victorian and has lots of birds and butterflies.  That is what I chose, make yours your own!  If you like light houses use them!  They would make a great set of pictures, or animals, candy, etc...you get the picture!

Choose 4 backgrounds.  Or use all 4 the same.  Your choice!  I used 2 different backgrounds on mine.  Just simply use the double sided tape to affix the back ground you chose to the frame.  I told you this was easy!

Now pick out some images on your papers that you love.  I picked 2 butterfly images and 2 egg images.

Now cut out the image carefully.

Using your double sided tape, affix the image you have cut out to the center of your back ground.  You can measure to get the exact center if you like.  I am not a measurer.  Remember, this is a LAZY crafter project!
Voila!  You are finished!

Just hang in a lovely arrangement wherever you like!  Mine are hovering over the door to our bathroom.  They look lovely I think.  Don't you?  Are you gonna try this project?  I hope you do!  Please share photos with me of your pictures!

Happy Crafting!
Love and Hugs,

Jillie

4 comments:

  1. I love this! It came out great. Thanks so much for coming over and visiting me. I'm so happy you found me because I love your projects! I'm your newest follower. www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw...Thanks a million! I have to learn how to take pretty pictures, but I am getting there!
    Love and Hugs!
    Jillie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...This is what i have been looking for and you have done a great job. Thanks for sharing.
    Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw...so glad it helped. I have been on vacay from the blog for a bit but I will be starting up again soon. Check back with me for more crafty goodness!

    ReplyDelete

Comments! I love comments!!!